"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Philippians 4:8







Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

DEATH

Hello Dear Readers!

Did you all have a nice day?
Each morning, before I get out of bed, I say this prayer: "This is the day the Lord has made; I will rejoice and be glad." Psalm 118:verse 24.
There are days when I am not feeling glad, or days that I really do NOT want to rejoice! Yet, I continue praying that prayer day after endless day for over 40 years now! You could say "RELIGIOUSLY."
When my sister was born, our mother embroidered the most beautiful picture of little children all dressed in different little nighties. The boarder of this picture has embroidered flowers all around the prayer. I am almost certain that you will all be familiar with this prayer. When it hung in my room as a child, the words scared me. I also hung the same picture over my daughter's bed when she was little, and now I am getting ready to offer it to her for her new baby's bedroom. How weird is that? Maybe it can scare him too?
I never asked her if the words bothered her. I used to kneel down with her and we would recite the prayer together along with asking God to bless our families and to prepare my daughter's future husband to be a man of God. Here is the prayer:

"Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray thee, Lord, my soul to keep.
If I should die before I wake,
I pray Thee, Lord, my soul to take.
If I should live for other days,
I pray Thee, Lord, to guide my ways.
Amen."

I equated bedtime with; If  I fell asleep, it was like Russian Roulette; I might die in the night if I didn't keep vigil.
Like the Pharisees in Jesus' day, I wouldn't dare break tradition.
But why do we follow tradition? Is it for loyalty to our mother who embroidered the picture? or is it because I feel good knowing that my sisters eyes, my eyes, Sarah's eyes, and now baby Robert's eyes will see the same picture that history has shared?
I have learned since; that fear cannot exist with faith, and that truth cannot exist without God.
I can now explain where that soul will be taken, (from the children's prayer) I will teach my grandson of the eternal life that heaven offers and to be ready each day for that journey, and to live each of his days seeking God in his life. It is a choice which needs to be guided and taught and ultimately chosen by free will!
Recently, I have been told of many deaths in my friends lives. I recall when those winds of death were tugging at my own hem. In two years time, I attended  12 funerals and 2 others, which were my own parent's funerals. I have lost a baby, a very dear friend, many relatives, and my most precious parents all before I turned 40.
Now, I am observing my best friend as she is preparing for her very ill husband's transitioning period.
Just yesterday, my other friend was telling me all about her cousin's funeral and how he knew, and prepared for his death. When I hung up my phone from listening about her cousin's funeral, the phone rang once again; another friend of mine called me and she was very, very shaken by the death of her 50 year old epitome-of-health friend; who came home from her morning walk and dropped dead a few days ago.
She was beautiful, thin, the picture of health, an Interior Designer, a Bible study leader, a wife and mother, gone now ;and her funeral is right now as I am writing this.
My next-door neighbor was riding his bike to our neighborhood gym which is 3 blocks away. On his way home a car hit him, broke his neck and after being on life support a few days, he died. I remember saying "good morning" to him that morning as he rode his bike down the driveway. The very next day I was scheduled to have a serious surgery at USC Norris hospital. I was so concerned about if I would make it okay, only to come home 5 days later to hear that my neighbor had died.
To make a long story even longer...
...I URGE you to be ready!!! I don't want to proselytize, but I need to share with you, because I love and respect you. I believe that Jesus died for my sins and that the ONLY way to be right with the father, is through the SON who paid our ticket back to GOD! What is important to you right now?????
It used to be that house, or that dress, or my child, or that raise of money, or if I could just be thin, or having someone to love me, or a clean bill of health, or food or..or..or........
If you have the time, or if you will please make the time, Please read: John 3:16 to live forever.
John 10:10 To be aware of what the thief wants.
Mark 13:34  To be watchful.
1Corinthians 15:55 Jesus conquered death for you, believe and receive the gift while you are still alive!
The entire chapter of ROMANS 5 reveals the crucial importance of finding peace through Jesus Christ.
Matthew 7:23 says that "not all who call my name are mine. I do not know them."
Matthew 12:11 states : that the door will close one day.
Today could be your last day, you have absolutely NOTHING to lose and ETERNITY to gain through confessing Jesus as your Savior!!!
Please consider it. This could be the last day the Lord has given you to rejoice and be glad!
If you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you WILL be saved. "For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved." As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in Him will NEVER be put to shame." ROMANS 10: verses 9-11.
By the way, I came across this scripture today as answered prayer. Psalm 4:8: "I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord make me dwell in safety."
I have learned as an adult; that whatever kind of sleep God has in mind for me is just perfect, whether I sleep until morning, or until judgement, I am sealed by my confession of Jesus Christ as my Savior!
This truly is the day the Lord has made for you and me. Let us cherish it and be grateful no matter how it may seem!
Love you all!  Robinbird



No comments:

Post a Comment