"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Philippians 4:8







Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Windy Wednesday!



Well it is April 13th. Tax day is in 2 days to come!
We have been having absolutely gorgeous weather here in California!
Today was an exception however. It was overcast and windy. I decided to do some weeding in my yard.
Last year, I hung a little birdhouse directly in front of my bedroom window; where my cats like to look out.
NEVER! have I seen one bird come to get birdseed from that house. It was most disappointing. The little house was chuck full of the best birdseed I could find. Well...
... Sunday morning I awakened to a melodious choir of chirping birds. It was fantastic! I looked out the window and I saw finches and sparrows and blue birds, even some Crows! They were all eating the year old birdseed. I placed my cats on the windowsill and they were entertained by the birds for hours on end.
I think most of these birds are very young. Some of them even chirp through the night.
As I was on the side of my house; which I rarely visit, because there is just a hose, a crawlspace, and a fence; I saw one lone sunflower, and one ready to bloom! I looked next to this sunflower and I noticed a pile of birdseed. It appears that ; probably the wind we had a few weeks prior, or the fat crow knocked the little birdhouse around and some sunflower seeds fell on the dirt amidst some weeds. I never water there, but we have had some drizzly nights. This was such a very nice little spring surprise for me!
How MAGNIFICENT is our Lord! The simplicity and the deep yellow and green of a sunflower are perfectly created by Him.
It reminds me to plant seeds in my life. I don't need to know who sees them, who receives them, or when or how they bloom. We just know that seeds of kindness, love, grace, mercy, or knowledge are all planted to thank God, and to live in His spirit.
"The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear it's sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the SPIRIT!"  John 3:8
Raising Homemakers
a href="http://womenlivingwell-courtney.blogspot.com/search/label/Women%20Living%20Well%20Wednesdays">

No comments:

Post a Comment