"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Philippians 4:8







Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Whimsical Wednesday!


Today is my dear friend Rosemarie's birthday!
This is Rosemarie pictured with my daughter Sarah at her Baby Shower. ( above)

Our friend Vicki joined us for lunch at The Olive Garden Restaurant.
We had all you can eat soup and salad. Fabulous food and a great deal for under $40.00 ;the three of us ate as much soup, salad and bread sticks and tea and lemonade one could possibly consume; AND we purchased a whole chocolate cream cake too!
                                                  This is a picture of Vicki with Sarah above.
Have you ever had so much fun that you wished the time could be frozen a bit to make the good time last?
This is how I feel when I am appreciating and enjoying my friends!
We also had FABULOUS weather! Everything around is in bloom. The air is bright, warm and clear.
After lunch, we three went to the Mall to check out a sale at Macy's.
Strangers stopped us and complimented us (our clothes, jewelry and our countenances).  It is so easy to give kindness and joy, and it means so much to the recipients.

                                
Saturday, March 26th my daughter's friend along with her Aunt; gave her a beautiful Baby Shower! We all had a wonderful time. I am so grateful for the beautiful surprises and love my daughter received.
I often have trouble receiving, I always feel like I want to repay every kindness ever bestowed on us. I am learning, that to receive something graciously; also blesses the giver.
I am thinking of people who might not have someone in their lives to celebrate with!
God promises never to leave or  forsake us. Hebrews 13:5
I think well, I wish God were right next to me so we could eat together, or laugh together, or so He could give me His opinion when I am sad or lonely.
I have a story! I don't have the best memory so I shall paraphrase it:

There was an old widow woman who received a letter in her mail box. It was from Jesus! It said:
On Tuesday around noontime, I would like to have lunch with you at your house. Don't go all out. I mainly want to visit with you dear one. My angels tell me that you are feeling lonely and sad, and that you cry for your dead husband. I too, am lonely for your company. See you Tuesday at your house.....Love,...GOD!

So the widow woman went to her money box and she only had just enough money to purchase milk, cheese, a loaf of bread and some eggs. She thought she had enough flour and sugar to bake a cake, and she had some lemons to squeeze for tea or lemonade.
Tuesday morning came and it was pouring rain! The widow woman put on boots, a scarf and her winter coat.
As she was walking to the market, she worried about having enough money to host Jesus. She had polished her mother's teapot and she set the table with a beautiful hand-crocheted Lacey tablecloth. She placed a colorful bouquet of different flowers from her own garden in a special crystal vase her husband had given her on one of their Anniversaries.
The rain poured down harder and fiercely as the widow hurried to the market.
After buying her groceries, she decided to walk through an alley; because it was a straight line without stop signs, crossings, or cars.
She was in such a hurry, only 2 hours before Jesus would arrive.
A lady was sitting in the alley. She was soaking wet as she was trying to keep her baby dry. She asked the widow woman, "Please dear woman could you spare your scarf or your coat to keep my freezing baby warm?" The widow replied, " I would love to help, but Jesus is coming soon and I must hurry. I am wet and cold also!" The widow walked on and her conscience bothered her. She went back and gave the alley lady her coat. Now I will look awful when I meet Jesus, she thought to herself.
Next, the widow approached a forgotten man and his dog.  He said, "Lady could you spare any food for my dog? He has been my only friend for 18 years. We haven't eaten in two days. I'll do okay, but the dog is sick." She gave them 4 slices of cheese and four slices of bread, and one carton of milk. "I am sorry I cannot give you more, but you see, Jesus is coming to my house for lunch and I must feed Him."
Finally, the widow woman made it home. She was mixing a cake when her doorbell rang. It was her nasty neighbor from next door. The one who always fought with the widow woman's husband about his trees over growing onto her property. "Yes? said the widow woman to her neighbor"  "Well, my grandchildren are coming to visit tomorrow and they love deviled-eggs. I have boiled 6, but I need 3 more. I don't want to be out in this weather. May I borrow 3 or 4 eggs from you?" "Well, you see..." said the widow woman, "Jesus is coming to lunch in a little while and I only bought 6 eggs and I must make Him a cake!"
"Goodness!" replied the nasty neighbor, I am not asking for gold! I never turned your husband in to the city for his over grown trees! Honestly, you need your Doctor to check your mind! Jesus! really?"
"Okay!" said the widow, I guess I can spare 3 eggs. I'll bring them to your house in just a few minutes, I must get dry or I'll catch cold!
So, the widow changed her clothes, put her cake in the oven, boiled water for tea; and she sliced the cheese and bread to make sandwiches for Jesus.
When the widow went next door to deliver the eggs, her neighbor was on the phone and didn't answer the door for a few minutes. The widow woman finished her business and ran back home to turn off her tea kettle. Her clock struck noon. Whew! she thought. The cake should be done just in time for Jesus!
Eventually, the clock struck one, and then two, and finally at three O'clock the woman realized that she had been late for Jesus. I must have missed Him while I was at that nasty neighbor's house.
The widow began to cry. The sandwiches, the cake and the tea got cold. She wasn't hungry. Just disappointed as usual. She put everything away and went to bed. "I guess I am crazy! delusional! or sickly mourning my husband to the point of imagining things."  SHE THOUGHT...
...The next day the widow woman went to her mailbox and she received only one piece of mail; a letter from JESUS! It read: "Dear child! Thank you for our wonderful luncheon! I only wish more of my children would invite me.
When you clothed the baby, fed the man and his dog, and when you loved your nasty neighbor as yourself in sharing your eggs, I was there! Your humble house is beautiful! I enjoyed the food, the cake, the warm tea and cheese sandwiches. I remember when your Grandmother made that Lacey tablecloth. She wondered if anyone down the line of her lineage would appreciate all the time and effort she put into making it; but mostly I enjoyed your LOVE! Don't cry my daughter, we had lunch together!"

Matthew 25 verse 34: The king will say to those on His right, "Come you who are blessed by my Father; Take your inheritance, the Kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat,
I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink,
I was a stranger and you invited me in,
I needed clothes and you clothed me,
I was sick and you looked after me,
I was in prison and you came to visit me."
verse 38:  " Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you?
Or thirsty and give you something to drink?
When did we see you a stranger and invite you in?
Or needing clothes, and clothe you?
When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?"
AND THE KING will reply: "I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, YOU DID FOR ME!"
Be kind to someone, even if it isn't your nature to be: Hebrews 13:2 
"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing, some people have ENTERTAINED angels without knowing it."

No comments:

Post a Comment