"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Philippians 4:8







Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Is it Wednesday already?



 

So Sarah, my daughter, just called and reminded me that today is, Women Living Well Wednesday: blog day. I could discuss politics: Arizona, taxes, or movies. Today I just want to share something quite awesome, simple and yet perfectly beautiful!
Last night at 3:07 a.m.(actually morning) I heard banging at my back door. I also heard a sound resembling a train rumbling. I got up with my heart pounding like a Dinosaur's pocket watch, looked out my window, and guess what I saw?
I saw 7 Raccoons rolling my 3 large trash cans down my driveway. They had untied my garbage bags and threw the contents down  the drive. I was angry, freezing cold, almost cursing, and then one of them stared me down. They have razor-sharp claws and standing upright, this one Raccoon was almost 3 feet tall. Fear left me as we stared at each other. What a MAGNIFICENT creature! The fur was pure artwork. The grays, blacks, and whites and browns all mingled together like a precise machine had loomed the meshing of perfect colors. He looked at me as if he were saying WHAT?  "We are hungry, I'm just doing what I am instinctually supposed to do, and your house is in my way."
Six of them ran away as this last one proceeded to lick clean a container he found. I looked up at the sky, and I thanked God for the beauty of these animals. That is when I experienced the pie'ce de re'sistance.
I live in beautiful California, but I have NEVER seen a more gloriously beautiful sky in my entire life!  The sky was a very bright, turquoise blue. Just imagine the cleanest, clearest ocean and then a giant sprayed it with huge dollops of  pristine-white whipped cream. That is what the sky looked like( an up'side' down ocean.)
My fear and frustration became a blessing which came most unexpectedly! God speaks in the quiet of the night. I believe He speaks at all times, but we can hear Him best in the quiet of our minds.
Goodnight, Happy Wednesday!...Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday too!
"In the beginning, O Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands."  Hebrews 1:10

1 comment:

  1. They are sweet friends Mom! Love you and I can't wait to see what you do with this baby furniture! :)

    ReplyDelete